Menu Close Menu

Forum

Muscle / Muscle, Jocks & Athletes / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 26, 2019 1:24:AM

Muscle

I realized a long time ago that to get muscle you have to have it. I'm sure that most guys love muscle but not many have it. Not that that is the end all of the perfect guy but is a factor. Without everything no one is the perfect guy. No wonder most everyone is a throw away.

#2 Apr 26, 2019 3:33:AM

WTFDrak

Re: Muscle

It is a struggle, but a rewarding one.  I am slowly gaining but it also come in unexpected surges.  Of course diet is a big deal ...probably most important.  As one trainer told me " you can have a Lamborghini but if you give it shit fuel it will run like shit if at all.   The muscle needs the protein to rebuild, Carbs and fats for energy and even hormone production.  Genetics determine a lot of HOW each is built.  If the bone structure is not there then one would never be a great powerlifter.  And if symmetry is a problem then bodybuilding is gonna be tougher.  Regardless the body can me changed and changed dramatically with effort and time.  And if so chosen there are pharma that will accelerate an intense gym rat.  But that is another story.

#3 Apr 28, 2019 10:01:AM

FarmerBearNZ

I  often wonder how much life style is a factor. I am a farmer on a fairly large farm, my daily exercise is my work and I eat like a horse. I  don't mean I eat hay - But I do eat red meat at every meal and our evening meal is usually 5 courses. I  wanted to teach my children silver service dining.

#4 Apr 28, 2019 5:52:PM

txbottom43

1st of all the internet is pretty shallow, so you need looks AND a fit body to have a good chance at getting laid, its not just having muscles to get muscle. (there are some exceptions, but too far and few between)

If you're talking about just gaining muscle, just eating meat wont help. You need nutrients from vegetables to break the meat down to utilize the protein and even then, most people supplement it with protein powders. You also have to keep track of you exercise days, your muscles get fatigued after exercising so they'll need rest to replenish the energy used. As your muscles get bigger, they'll need more energy, which is why you'll see alot of bodybuilders have large meals.

Their meals are also pretty strict, from meats with little to no fat and low carb grains.
Carbs are pretty much sugars, sugar = more fat
(sugar in America is in EEEEVERYYYTHING... from bread to ketchup, tomato sauces, dried fruits... etc. )

Just to clarify, a certain amount of fat is ok, think of it like greasing our body's wheels but only so much so that the wheels dont get clogged. Sugars on the other hand are useless if you're already eating a balanced meal. if anything it's best done in light snacking because sugar is immediate energy, where fats and oils are stored as energy for long term use.

And I'm sure everyone's heard about cheat meals. Personally I think it's more to get out of the monotony of strict meals but I think you could argue that it stimulates the body out of it's routine. If you're trying to get muscle packed on, you need to change your workout routine alot or you'll plateau (see no results). The same goes for diet. You're body adapts to patterns and your goal is to keep it working on optimum, If you don't, your body will just develope shortcuts after a while .

#5 Apr 28, 2019 9:38:PM

FarmerBearNZ

The internet is a fantasy land - we all want the guy we don't have a snowballs chance of getting in a nightclub. Unfortunately, I am not that guy and at 55 have no desire to  look 26 again.

#6 Apr 29, 2019 3:51:AM

pteridophyte

Besides the young and fit learn that when you age it all gets harder to maintain. Stupidly hard after a while. Be who you are

Last edited by pteridophyte (Apr 29, 2019 3:52:AM)

#7 Apr 29, 2019 4:09:AM

Campbell12

Well, you look amazing!

WTFDrak wrote:

It is a struggle, but a rewarding one.  I am slowly gaining but it also come in unexpected surges.  Of course diet is a big deal ...probably most important.  As one trainer told me " you can have a Lamborghini but if you give it shit fuel it will run like shit if at all.   The muscle needs the protein to rebuild, Carbs and fats for energy and even hormone production.  Genetics determine a lot of HOW each is built.  If the bone structure is not there then one would never be a great powerlifter.  And if symmetry is a problem then bodybuilding is gonna be tougher.  Regardless the body can me changed and changed dramatically with effort and time.  And if so chosen there are pharma that will accelerate an intense gym rat.  But that is another story.

#8 Apr 29, 2019 7:20:PM

WTFDrak

Thanks I appreciate it!!   As  I got along there is a constant I find too.  I really like older MEN that take care of themselves, who put the work and effort in.   After all if it cost nothing it is worth nothing.   Noticed that some folks who do zip/zero to make themselves somewhat of the best version physically and mentally of themselves always have problems attracting what they desire.  But if the effort is done and the time spent becoming more ....it is usually rewarded with attracting the same.

#9 Apr 30, 2019 2:11:AM

j50yomuscle

I like having muscle, and actually prefer smaller, slender guys.  I LOVE the muscle admiration and worship.  The brain is the most important sex organ after all...