Close Menu

Forum

Monkeypox new STD. 95% Through Gay Sex. / General Chat / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul 22, 2022 8:50:PM

cjinlakeview

Monkeypox new STD. 95% Through Gay Sex.

Monkeypox could become new STD. 95% Cases Transmitted Through Gay Sex. New symptoms making harder to recognize - 

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/interna … recognise/

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/95-of-m … dy-3182159

https://apnews.com/article/monkeypox-th … f430cd3897

#2 Aug 01, 2022 10:25:PM

topperisready

Re: Monkeypox new STD. 95% Through Gay Sex.

Gotta say cjinlakeview,
I've read many of your posts, and they are always informative, and, or, interesting.  Well done guy.

#3 Aug 02, 2022 10:28:PM

serviceman
Administrator

Monkeypox is NOT an STD, and this is false/ misleading information. Monkeypox is transmitted the same way as chickenpox, through touch, or transmission of the fluids from the soars. Of course you will get it if you have sex with someone who has it, but that doesn't make it an STD, you can get it in many other ways too. STD's ONLY get transmitted through sex. Further more, the disease is not new and has been around for ages in Africa, so NO 95% of the cases are not gay sex. Just because you can get something while having sex, doesn't mean you got it from the sex. If we think the way this is being reported, anything that can be transmitted by close contact is an STD, as well as anything that happens when you  have sex. I guess that broken foot I got while having sex in my 20's is now an STD too. And don't ask how I broke it, let's just say a headboard and a wall was involved.

Other ways to get monkeypox.

1. Shaking some one's hand that has monkey pox.
2. Sitting in a chair that someone with monkey pox was sitting in (public transportation).
3. Swimming in a public pool with someone that has monkeypox.
4. Sharing a towel with someone that has monkey pox.
5. And the list goes on and on.

Other common diseases you get can get while having sex with someone.

1. Common cold
2. Flue.
3. Jock itch
4. Covid 19
5. Just about any viral, bacterial or fungal infection.

Do you see my point. Let's not give the general public another disease to weaponize on the gay community. HIV was stigmatizing enough.

#4 Aug 03, 2022 8:24:AM

davidpgfromc

CJ, you are missing the mark here, Serviceman is right, it's important to know what's what. American discourse is polluted to the max with inaccurate, false and misleading information and many guys on here subscribe to that, please let's try keep things as accurate as possible.
Thank you Sericeman for providing that clarity and accuracy...
Hope everyone stays healthy and sane!

#5 Aug 03, 2022 2:17:PM

StoryWriter75

Thank you so much to the Admin here for posting that response.  My big question with Monkeypox, is it like chickenpox, once you have had it, you are immune?

#6 Aug 03, 2022 11:03:PM

serviceman
Administrator

I find it odd that all three of those articles use the headline that "it's a new STD", yet further down in the article it clearly states that it's not an STD, but is transmitted via skin to skin contact. This is a clear example of click bait and those too lazy to read the article will assume the headline says it all, and it's actually an STD.

I've already seen it on fox news about how this is a "gay disease". How this isn't bringing back flash backs of the 80's and 90's when it comes to HIV, is beyond me. Before we know it monkeypox will become "gaypox", just like HIV was originally called "GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency)". If you don't think this can happen? It didn't take much for COVID-19 to become "the china virus" and cause all kinds of hate, abuse and racism against an entire race of people, which is 59% f the worlds population. If Asians, 59% of the global population,  aren't safe from this, Neither is the gay community.

I did not comment to shame, bash or discredit anyone that shares this kind of information. I simply feel it is our responsibility to counter post with the facts, and start a discussion. I assume starting a discussion about said topic is the entire point of posting any material on the forums. cjinlakeview shares a lot of articles on the forum and sparks a lot of discussions, and I thank him for that. I also assume he is sharing articles because they may be interesting to our community, not because he necessarily personally subscribes to anything said within such articles. So let's be grown ups and have a real conversation about this or any other topic posted on the forum.

#7 Aug 04, 2022 2:09:AM

skymikehutch

I agree with serviceman completely on this.  Don't give the gay haters more ammo. We face prejudice as it is.

#8 Aug 04, 2022 9:04:PM

AMEN David 

davidpgfromc wrote:

CJ, you are missing the mark here, Serviceman is right, it's important to know what's what. American discourse is polluted to the max with inaccurate, false and misleading information and many guys on here subscribe to that, please let's try keep things as accurate as possible.
Thank you Sericeman for providing that clarity and accuracy...
Hope everyone stays healthy and sane!

#9 Aug 05, 2022 8:34:AM

davidpgfromc

serviceman wrote:

I find it odd that all three of those articles use the headline that "it's a new STD", yet further down in the article it clearly states that it's not an STD, but is transmitted via skin to skin contact. This is a clear example of click bait and those too lazy to read the article will assume the headline says it all, and it's actually an STD.

I've already seen it on fox news about how this is a "gay disease". How this isn't bringing back flash backs of the 80's and 90's when it comes to HIV, is beyond me. Before we know it monkeypox will become "gaypox", just like HIV was originally called "GRID (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency)". If you don't think this can happen? It didn't take much for COVID-19 to become "the china virus" and cause all kinds of hate, abuse and racism against an entire race of people, which is 59% f the worlds population. If Asians, 59% of the global population,  aren't safe from this, Neither is the gay community.

I did not comment to shame, bash or discredit anyone that shares this kind of information. I simply feel it is our responsibility to counter post with the facts, and start a discussion. I assume starting a discussion about said topic is the entire point of posting any material on the forums. cjinlakeview shares a lot of articles on the forum and sparks a lot of discussions, and I thank him for that. I also assume he is sharing articles because they may be interesting to our community, not because he necessarily personally subscribes to anything said within such articles. So let's be grown ups and have a real conversation about this or any other topic posted on the forum.

Yes, Serviceman, I agree completely here, thank you! I only wish cjinlakeview had taken a bit more caution in framing the links, if he, as you suggest, actually disagrees with the ideological bias implied and their inaccuracy...

#10 Aug 05, 2022 6:55:PM

serviceman
Administrator

I didn't say if he agrees or not. But you can't assume someone agrees with something, based solely on sharing a link. My point is, it shouldn't matter if he agrees or not, we can still have an adult conversation about it.

davidpgfromc wrote:
serviceman wrote:

Yes, Serviceman, I agree completely here, thank you! I only wish cjinlakeview had taken a bit more caution in framing the links, if he, as you suggest, actually disagrees with the ideological bias implied and their inaccuracy...

#11 Aug 05, 2022 8:54:PM

Rob0423

You can fool some other people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time...

#12 Aug 05, 2022 9:24:PM

paladinik

For those that want them - here are the links to the relevant info pages from the Centre for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and Health Canada:

https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/ … index.html
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-shee … /monkeypox
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ … eypox.html

#13 Aug 06, 2022 6:39:AM

scotlad

Its not an STD but virus that spreads through pretty much all close contact, it doesn't have to be sexual, and after 2 years of Covid and restrictions now everything's opened up again and people are mingling and making up for lost time of course it's going to spread at events and locations where there are lots of people together (such as lots of Pride events throughout the summer).