Close Menu

Forum

I cannot log out from chat rooms / Chat Bugs & User Support / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 01, 2022 11:11:PM

cliffe

I cannot log out from chat rooms

Hi, I need help. I have been trying to log out but no matter how many times I closed the chat window and logged out from the gaychat.zone, my name still shows that I am in the chat room 24/7.  I tried to log out using Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  I also cleared the catch multiple times. What should I do to log out from the chat room?

#2 Aug 01, 2022 11:16:PM

ordinary

Re: I cannot log out from chat rooms

Type /leave then hit return.

#3 Aug 01, 2022 11:30:PM

cliffe

Thanks Ordinary, I can leave a chat room with that command you told me but my name still shows "chatting".

#4 Aug 02, 2022 2:57:AM

DancingDoll

Maybe you are logged into  chat in an alternate universe and the two universes have become intertwined?

#5 Aug 02, 2022 3:18:AM

pennzy

Most of us can't relate to this, since we get disconnected in the middle of private chats more often than not. But, FWIW, you're showing as offline now.

#6 Aug 02, 2022 3:36:PM

Rob0423

Un check the box on the left that says keep me logged in when you sign in, that may help.

#7 Aug 02, 2022 10:17:PM

serviceman
Administrator

More than likely, if you are staying logged in, there is a chat window open, somewhere with your login active. Maybe a hidden window? Do you have multiple devices. I see you are shown as not chatting on the main site, but away in the chat. I will look in to this. Perhaps I need to restart the chat servers.

#8 Aug 03, 2022 3:58:PM

BDGF

Horts room, a private one made by UKHorti under his previous user id needs removed. Can you do that please. he can not access it. I can get in but I can not see how to delete it
thanks. BDGF

#9 Aug 05, 2022 3:05:AM

serviceman
Administrator

Cliffe, I restarted the services and you are now showing as logged out in chat. Also, I delete the old room of Horts as requested.

#10 Aug 05, 2022 3:19:PM

GymTeacher

Hi Admin guys. Why can't you make it so that we have to tick the box if we want to stay signed in, not untick the box if we don't?  Would make more sense as I think most guys prefer to sign out when they've finished on the site.

#11 Aug 05, 2022 6:07:PM

serviceman
Administrator

GymTeacher wrote:

Hi Admin guys. Why can't you make it so that we have to tick the box if we want to stay signed in, not untick the box if we don't?  Would make more sense as I think most guys prefer to sign out when they've finished on the site.

There is a misunderstanding of what that box actually does. It does not keep you logged in when you leave the site. It keeps your session alive in your browser so you don't have to login again (enter your credentials). Regardless of if you choose "keep me logged in" or not, it should log you out of the chat within 3 minutes, if you close the chat window, as long as everything is working properly.

If you uncheck this option, you will be prompted for your password every time you close your browser.

#12 Aug 06, 2022 10:02:AM

GymTeacher

Thanks. I did not know that.

#13 Aug 06, 2022 10:08:PM

GymTeacher

Well I've logged in & out several times now, leaving the box ticked. I still have to enter my id & p/word every time I log back in.

#14 Aug 08, 2022 12:53:AM

cliffe

Hi Admin/Serviceman, thank you so much for restarting it!   I'm happy that I no longer look like in the chat room 24/7.  Your help deeply appreciated!