Close Menu

Forum

Colorado Springs shooting. When will our persecution stop? / General Chat / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 21, 2022 12:09:AM

Triedntru

Colorado Springs shooting. When will our persecution stop?

Every time I hear about whackos targeting my fellow gay citizens either singly, as I have been, or as a group as in Colorado Springs, I feel depressed and angry for weeks--until the next occurrence, and it never takes long before I hear of one.  I have been to the Club Q.  I don't think I'll ever go to a gay club ever again.

#2 Nov 21, 2022 4:37:PM

Re: Colorado Springs shooting. When will our persecution stop?

I feel you buddy  It is hard to feel safe anywhere anymore and an even bigger target when you are a gay man at a gay club.  Stay strong my friend

Triedntru wrote:

Every time I hear about whackos targeting my fellow gay citizens either singly, as I have been, or as a group as in Colorado Springs, I feel depressed and angry for weeks--until the next occurrence, and it never takes long before I hear of one.  I have been to the Club Q.  I don't think I'll ever go to a gay club ever again.

#3 Nov 23, 2022 10:08:PM

davidpgfromc

I hear you Triedntru,
it's horrifying, infuriating, and depressing, but we have to stay strong - together! I understand why you never wanna go back, I do, but removing yourself from the community makes the community poorer and makes you maybe more lonely... We can't let the haters have that. HMU if you feel low

#4 Dec 17, 2022 10:51:PM

Triedntru

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-lg … 143047f98f

Online vitriol towards the LGBTQ Community only promotes violence towards us by emboldened nut cases.  I no longer wear my Pride cap in public even though my straight friends are accepting.  Am I being paranoid, or just careful?  All I know is that I'm being more cautious, less outgoing, retreating within myself these days, especially being a single gay man.

#5 Jan 01, 2023 7:25:AM

Ikonoklast

Triedntru wrote:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us-lg … 143047f98f

All I know is that I'm being more cautious, less outgoing, retreating within myself these days, especially being a single gay man.

Rest in Peace, my friend.  I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.